The Journal Entry Detail folder provides access to the journal detail lines which constitute your journal entries. From this folder, you can view detail lines, run bots, and access the drilldown tool.
You can drill back from a journal detail record in ActivReporter to the Journal Entry Inquiry window in Dynamics-GP.
- In the Journal Detail HD view, highlight the journal detail record you want to research.
- In the toolbar, click and select Journal Entry Inquiry from the drop-down menu, or press Ctrl+J. The inquiry window opens with the requested journal entry record.
You can also access the Journal Entry Inquiry bot from the Journal Entry and Journal Detail windows as well as the Journal Entries HD view.
The Drilldown Explorer lets you execute a financial function and view the result as well as the detail behind the calculation.
- In the Navigation pane, highlight the ActivReporter > Journal Entries > Journal Detail folder.
- Right-click the folder and select Drilldown Explorer from the shortcut menu.
- From the Function drop-down list, select the financial function to view details for. Select from among the following functions:
- Begin Balance
- Year to Date
- Credit Activity
- Credit Balance
- Credit Year to Date
- Debit Activity
- Debit Balance
- Debit Year to Date
- In the Calendar Period field, click the field to select the accounting period for which to view journal detail. The popup opens where you can specify an explicit calendar period to view detail for or you can enter or select a relative period expression. An asterisk (*) after the period name indicates a relative period expression is applied.
- If you need to specify a date in the period to view journal detail for other than the last day of the selected calendar period, enter the date in the As Of field. Otherwise, the date defaults to the last day of the selected period.
- If you want to include unmerged transactions in the results, mark the Include Unmerged checkbox.
- If you want to limit the detail based on an items expression, click to open the dialog box where you can build an expression by selecting items and specifying constraints.
Click Calculate. The journal detail records which match your criteria load in the view.
You can view the journal entry associated with a detail record from the Journal Detail window.
- Open the journal detail record.
- In the toolbar, click . The associated journal entry opens.
You can filter the Journal Detail HD view by journal type. To do so, select a journal type from the Filters drop-down list. Valid journal types are:
- Financials Journal
- Inventory Journal
- Payroll Journal
- Project Journal
- Purchasing Journal
- Sales Journal
Each journal type is identified by the value in the custom Series field on the related journal entry. The values and the associated journal types are:
- 2 = Financials Journal
- 3 = Sales Journal
- 4 = Purchasing Journal
- 5 = Inventory Journal
- 6 = Payroll Journal
- 7 = Project Journal
A "Budget Entries" filter is also available to show journal detail entries with a System-Journal Source of "GP-Budget".