Expert Windows Application Developer
For over 40 years, AccountingWare has been developing accounting software. During this time our customer base has grown to include organizations across a diverse spectrum of industries. Our ActivityHD product includes general ledger, payables, receivables, fixed assets, purchasing, bank reconciliation, and payroll.
About the Position
This position is reserved for an exceptional programmer whose skills and experience will establish her or him as a leader in our development team. A Windows Application Developer is expected to develop features for the ActivityHD software.Valuable skills include:
- Experience with object-oriented development (C++, C#, Delphi, Java, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Transact-SQL
- Experience with .NET
- Working knowledge of accounting principles
Tasks & Responsibilities
What would your work be like? A typical day could include:
- Designing and coding new features or enhancements of existing features in our ActivityHD product.
- Collaborating with other members of the development team to help each other overcome roadblocks.
- Participating in Agile processes: daily development stand-up meetings, sprint-review meetings, and sprint-planning meetings.
- Troubleshooting with members of our support team to understand problems encountered by our customers.
If so, we are looking for people who will enjoy and enrich our company culture. These individuals exhibit character traits such as:
- You are a person of integrity. Our customers think of AccountingWare as their business partner, so anyone who joins our team must be conscientious, honest, and trustworthy.
- You love to develop software. On the best of days, programming feels like play more than it feels like work.
- You are tenacious. Even on the rare days when programming feels more like work, you are willing to dig deep to solve the problem.
- You are a self-starter. If you happen to have some down time while at work, you naturally use it to explore, learn, discover, and share fresh ideas.
- You enjoy being a member of a team. Sure, you like to go off on your own and work on a difficult problem, but you also like to be part of a group that accomplishes great things together, and you have interpersonal skills to communicate with team members respectfully and productively.
Does this sound like you? If so, send your resume via email (email@example.com). We'll look forward to hearing from you!